Top Ten of My Favorite Quotes from Books
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
1. "It does not do well to dwell on dreams and forget to live."
From: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling
2. "You have to turn it up so that your chest shakes and the drums get in between your ribs like a heartbeat and the bass goes up your spine and fizzles your brain and all you can do is dance or spin in a circle or just scream along because you know that however this music makes you feel, it's exactly right."
From: Audrey, Wait! by Robin Benway
3. "Sometimes people are beautiful.
Not in looks.
Not in what they say.
Just in what they are."
From: I am the Messenger by Markus Zusak
4. "To live is to love, to love is to live."
From: Going Bovine by Libba Bray
5. "The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive."
From: Looking for Alaska by John Green
6. "It was books that made me feel that perhaps I was not completely alone. They could be honest with me, and I with them."
From: Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
7. "And that is how change happens. One gesture. One person. One moment at a time."
From: The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray
8. "If we're supposed to ignore everything that's wrong with our lives, then I can't see how we'll ever make things right."
From: Please Ignore Vera Dietz by A.S. King
9. "Let us learn to show our friendship for a man when he is alive and not after he is dead."
From: The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
10. (Something a little funnier to lighten the mood) "Books are the ultimate Dumpees: Put them down and they'll wait for you forever; pay attention to them and they'll always love you back."
From: An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
What are some of your favorite quotes?